We understand that you have been vulnerable during this difficult time so The Melbourne Centre of Psychotherapy and Consultancy is open for you to see your Psychologist in person.
If you are seeing your Psychologist in person please note that you must wear a mask when attending The Melbourne Centre of Psychotherapy and Consultancy.
Covid-19 Self Assessment
To keep you safe current patients have received a COVID-19 self assessment email prior to attending sessions. As a new patients you will also receive this email. Telehealth sessions are available for all patients who do not pass the COVID-19 self assessment criteria.
The risk to ones physical health and the current climate of economic and social uncertainty as a result of COVID-19 is placing strain on the mental health of the vast majority of people, and is particularly hazardous for those with preexisting mental health issues. For this reason we are open to see you in person at 155 Dorcas Street South Melbourne.
Please rest assured that we continue to practice rigorous hygiene and social distancing, including the following:
– In the 10 minutes between patient’s sessions touch surfaces, including door handles and eftpos machines, are wiped down with medical grade disinfectant pads.
– You are required to use our dispenser to apply hand sanitiser upon arrival.
– We are maintaining at least 2 meters between people at all times. Luckily our very spacious waiting room and consulting rooms allow us to do so easily. Crosses have been put on the floor to assist you to assure this social distance is maintained at all times while at MCPC.
– If you need a new mask, we have them available for $2. All proceeds will go to “One Girl” – a charity that supports education for young girls in developing countries.
– Sessions are paid via eftpos, using contactless payment methods whenever possible, we are not handling cash.
– All of our lovely magazines and books have been temporarily removed but will return when this is over.
To date this has been working well and at MCPC we have all kept well. As a community we are all in this together, so we must continue to keep up this good work!
Telehealth sessions are available for any patient who for reasons of physical health during the pandemic would rather or is requested to attend via Zoom. These Telehealth sessions are setup to give you the feel and visual impression of attending in person.
Prior to attending your first session of therapy online your treating Psychologist will send you an email providing you with the information you will require.