We understand that you are vulnerable during this difficult time so The Melbourne Centre of Psychotherapy and Consultancy is staying open so that, depending on your needs, you can see your Psychologist in person or via Telehealth.
Covid-19 Self Assessment
To keep you safe current patients have received a COVID-19 self assessment email prior to attending sessions. As a new patients you will also receive this email. Telehealth sessions are available for all patients who do not pass the COVID-19 self assessment criteria.
The risk to ones physical health and the current climate of economic and social uncertainty as a result of COVID-19 is placing strain on the mental health of the vast majority of people, and is particularly hazardous for those with preexisting mental health issues.
At MCPC we are aware that self isolating and/or social distancing, although absolutely necessary during this pandemic, are placing an additional challenge on our current and new patients psychological wellbeing. For this reason we are staying open at 155 Dorcas Street South Melbourne until further notice.
For those of you who pass our COVID-19 assessment questions and choose to attend in person we are practicing rigorous hygiene and social distancing, including the following:
– In the 10 minutes between patient’s sessions touch surfaces, including door handles and eftpos machines, are wiped down with medical grade disinfectant pads.
– You are required to use our dispenser to apply hand sanitiser upon arrival.
– We are maintaining at least 2 meters between people at all times. Luckily our very spacious waiting room and consulting rooms allow us to do so easily. Crosses have been put on the floor to assist you to assure this social distance is maintained at all times while at MCPC.
– We require you to wear a mask in the hallway, waiting room, and bathroom of our rooms at all times.
– If you don’t have your own mask, we have them available for $2. All proceeds will go to “One Girl” – a charity that supports education for young girls in developing countries.
– MCPC Psychologists and support staff will be wearing PPE, which are above and beyond or as a minimum requirement in keeping with DHHS recommendations.
– Sessions are paid via eftpos, using contactless payment methods whenever possible, we are not handling cash.
– All of our lovely magazines and books have been temporarily removed but will return when this is over.
To date this has been working well and at MCPC we have all kept well. As a community we are all in this together, so we must continue to keep up this good work!
Telehealth sessions are available for any patient who at anytime, for any reason during the pandemic would rather attend via Zoom. These Telehealth sessions are setup to give you the feel and visual impression of attending in person.
Prior to attending your first session of therapy online your treating Psychologist will send you an email providing you with the information you will require.